As many students know, summer is coming to a close. It has already been three months of summer break for me and there are some things I have been doing to keep myself busy over the summer break. I have compiled a list of some things I have done and you guys can also take something from this list to make the last stretch of your summer fun.
Of course, this is not a defiant list to do all of these but it can make summer more interesting. Also, more fun especially when you don’t have anything to do or have a lot of free time. There is an assumption that in order to have fun; you need to have so much money and spend things on lavish stuff to have fun, or going on vacation is the only way to have fun. When really you do not need a lot of money to have fun. Sometimes you just need yourself and your close friends.
- Walk around a store and get coffee
- Learn a new skill
- Pick up new books or books you have never read before or genres
- Write your own book, poem, or anything
- Learn to draw and paint through youtube videos
- Learn crochet
- Watch old movies for nostalgia
- Start a series you never had the time to watch
- Collect Funkos or statues of your favorite show
- Start a new job
- Search for internships or jobs that you would enjoy
- Try a new beverage at restaurants or small shops
- Create a new dish, you have never made before
- Explore different cultures or states and their history
- Learn a new language
- Meet new people or hang out with friends
Of course, there are more things to do for the last bit of the summer but for those who are lost or don’t know what to do this can be a start. You can always build up on this list. What are some of your favorite things you have done so far?